Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day Four

I guess it was silly of me to think that I could share so few details without raising questions. So to answer yesterday's comments, we're here till Saturday for a class/grad program Erick is doing at NYU. It's to do with tax, so I didn't mention it because even the title of the class bores me. I say that with all the love and gratitude in my heart. Erick is aware and equally respectful of my feelings.

The next question. Yes, we're having an incredible time, mixed with boundless frustration. I'm so glad we tagged along as it's been the experience of a lifetime and we would have died of boredom without Erick at home. Yet, there are moments . . . ah, yes, there are moments.

Okay, now for the laughter. I had a couple runners up for the funniest thing today until this evening when Sophia did the following:
I held Sophia's hand and Erick pushed the empty stroller as we walked down a quiet street, lined with shops. We would point out things of interest - for Sophia, that's usually dogs. One particular dog, a long-haired dachshund, caught her eye and she ran forward to meet it and pet it as they passed going the other way. However, the dog's owner didn't see her, so they just kept right on walking at a pretty good pace. Sophia didn't miss a beat. She picked up to a run going after them with her arm in the air yelling, "WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!" for a good half block. Fortunately, the lady noticed her and politely stopped for the surprisingly insistent toddler. Of course, it took another minute for Sophia to actually pet the dog, who was understandably frightened at Sophia's forwardness. The whole thing is even funnier now as I think about it again from the perspective of anyone looking on. Even in NYC, Sophia is a show of her own.

1 comment: